- YOUTUBE: A NEW BRANCH OF OUTREACHHi everyone! I feel obligated to apologize for neglecting my personal blog while working on very new virtual outreach content. Hopefully you all understand the struggle! Between juggling research, preparing for my PhD defense (and thesis writing 🥵), post-doctoral grant applications, my personal blog, local volunteer work, etc, etc, and NOW this YouTube channel (‼️), […]
- (A) SURPRISE!I have been waiting way too long to share this exciting project with you all! About one year ago, a dear colleague and friend who was in the same research group as me at Clemson was preparing to graduate and was asking the group for help with her proposal for job applications. So, I read […]
- GREATER BOSTON LIVINGNoah and I have been living in the greater Boston area for a little over 1 ½ years now! This September first has marked our third time of moving around in that same time frame 😅. Don’t even ask how many other times we’ve moved around before even coming up here (it’s a ton, we […]
- OUR DEEPEST EXPLORATION OF THE UNIVERSE IN X-RAYSeROSITA is an X-ray space telescope that was launched on July 13, 2019 by an international collaboration, mainly funded by Germany and Russia. The space telescope took its first ever X-ray image three months after orbiting the Earth the following October and has already released some of the first data collected in the first months […]
- YEAR TWO AT CLEMSONMy second year at Clemson was just as difficult and overwhelming as the first year (yay). Because I was “year-zero” (see this post for more) my first year, I was required to take one year of lower-level (undergraduate) physics courses before enrolling in the official graduate-level courses. So, “year one” really began my second year […]
- A DISTANT, COMPLEX SUPERNOVA REMNANT G344.7-0.1Wow, hey guys! It has been quite the hiatus and I do apologize. But, hello!😀 As you can see, I have moved things over to a new web host (WordPress). I lost quite a bit of formatting in many of my old posts so it took me some time to go through and fix it […]
Recent Publications & presentations
- Eagle, J. & D. Castro, 2021: Hunting Pulsar Wind Nebulae with the Fermi-LAT, presented at the AAS 237th meeting Jan. 10-15, 2021.
- Astro Chats with YouthAstroNet: Featuring Jordan Eagle on Youtube, April 27, 2020.
- Eagle et al., 2020: Gamma-ray Emission Revealed on Western Edge of SNR G344.7-0.1, published in ApJ, 904, 2.
- Eagle et al., 2019: 2FHL J0826.1-45.00: Discovery of a possible shock-cloud interaction on the Western edge of the Vela SNR, published in ApJ, 870, 1.
Want to know when a new blog post is up? Subscribe for e-mail updates!